Direct Support Professionals
Walk Ins Welcome!
Wednesdays and Fridays — 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
29 Warren Street, Somers, NY
$600 sign-on bonus for full time!
$300 sign-on bonus for part time and per diem!
We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals to assist our developmentally disabled adults live fruitful and independent lives. We have various work shifts and locations in Northern Westchester, NY. Opengate provides a competitive wage, a sign on bonus, paid training, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days as well as comprehensive health benefits and a 401(k) retirement plan with an agency match to full-time workers. We require a HS diploma or a GED and a valid and clean NYS Driver’s License.
Your completed Employment Application and a copy of your resume can be brought in on any of the walk-in days or e-mail to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer a Smoke-Free Environment
Full Time Registered Nurse (RN)
$2,500 sign-on bonus and $200/week on-call compensation!!!
Opengate, Inc., is currently looking for a motivated, experienced Registered Nurse – RN* to join our team! The RN will be responsible for the professional assessment and management of health conditions/status/indicators of assigned individuals. This is a full-time (40 hours) position based out of our Somers, NY (Westchester County) facility.
Registered Nurse – RN Requirements:
- Certified by NYS Education Department as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ RN experience
- Experience working with a developmentally disabled population is preferred
- A valid Driver’s license.
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organization skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to various locations
Registered Nurse – RN Pay & Perks:
- Flexible Shifts and Schedules
- Started salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days
- 401(k) Retirement plan with an agency match
Registered Nurse – RN Responsibilities:
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.00 /hour
- Bachelor’s (Required) Location:
- Somers, NY 10589 (Required) License:
- RN (Required)
- United States (Required) Work Location:
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Social Worker/Intake Coordinator
Opengate, Inc. – Hawthorne, NY
Summary of Position:
The primary function of this position will be to cultivate referral sources for both the residential and day habilitation programs. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the intake process as well as providing support to the Clinical and Behavioral Departments.
Essential Job Functions:
• On-going daily review of EHR interdisciplinary documentation.
• Attend regularly scheduled and special IDT meeting for each community and Day Hab program member, as assigned. Assist with program planning and implementation.
• Maintain on-going documentation as indicated – EHR notes, psychosocial updates, individual rights documentation and other needed paperwork.
• Manage concrete service needs of the individual related to benefits and entitlements.
• Collaborate with Director of Clinical & Behavioral Services regarding intake and discharge assessment process.
• Cultivate referral sources for both residential and community day habilitation.
• Screen potential candidates for goodness of fit with the agency.
• Gather all necessary documents to be evaluated by the Admissions Committee.
• Write a report summarizing all the information regarding the potential candidate.
• Schedule and chair the admission meeting for the community day habilitation.
• Attend and participate in the Residential Admissions Meetings.
• Facilitate the integration of new individuals into their residence or program.
• Work with families regarding the transition process.
• Ensure that staff adhere to policies and procedures relating to the rights and well-being of individuals.
• Participate in the Human Rights Committee (HRC) bi-monthly and advocate for least restrictive interventions while maintaining individual safety.
• Conduct meetings and in-service training including behavior plans, staff orientation, and continuing education, as directed.
• Provide on-call coverage as assigned by the Director of Clinical & Behavioral Services.
• Comply with all Opengate’s policies and procedures, including Corporate Compliance.
• Follow federal, state and local regulatory guidelines, pertaining to a safe, healthy and clean work environment.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Director of Clinical & Behavioral Services.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, LMSW required. LCSW Preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working with the I/DD population.
• Experience in MSC/Care management or Intake/Admissions preferred
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
• Must be able to work autonomously and work well in groups.
• Must be proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and electronic health records
• Local travel required to conduct tours and screenings.
Reporting Responsibilities & Employment Classification:
This position reports to the Director of Clinical & Behavioral Services and is classified as an exempt position in accordance
Job Type: Full-time
Opengate, Inc. is currently looking for a Resident Manager to join our team! This is a full-time position based in Somers, NY (Westchester County) reporting to the Coordinator of Residential Services. This position has the overall responsibility for the operation of an ID/DD adult population residence and supervises the assigned Direct Support Professional (DSP) and the residence’s Cook ensuring that the quality of care provided for the Individuals conforms to the standards, philosophy, policies and procedures set by the OPWDD and the agency.
- Ensure that newly hired employees participate in the required orientation and training sessions.
- Provide on-going training and supervision for staff assigned to the residence.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of all staff supervised by providing monthly coaching and supervision meetings.
- Complete and maintain appropriate records as required for the operation of the residential program.
- Facilitate regular interdisciplinary staff meetings and prepare IDT packets/residential summary
- Ensure that, when necessary, proper authorities are informed of significant occurrences.
- Ensure that treatment plans are current, completed and documented.
- Ensure timely and adequate repairs to the residence.
- Order equipment and supplies as needed.
- Ensure that the IDT takes steps to foster the Individual’s independence and productivity.
- Complete a weekly report for the Coordinator of Operations.
- Provide direct care coverage, as needed, when directed to do so.
- Transport Individuals using the agency vehicle as directed.
- Submit weekly schedules to the Community Coordinator and notify same of any changes.
- Maintain timely and appropriate communication with Individuals, staff, families, supervisors and administrative staff.
- Ensure proper management of Individual’s finances.
- Submit electronic purchase orders on behalf of the Individuals for personal purchases and for residence needs.
- Participates in internal audit process
- Accountable for petty cash, food purchasing, handling and storage, recreation activities and personal allowance monies.
- Follow federal, state and local governmental regulatory guidelines pertaining to a safe, healthy, and clean work environment, reporting health and safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and 2 years working with a ID/DD population, or,
- High School or GED and 2 years supervision experience and 2 years working with a ID/DD population
- Must have good interpersonal and administrative/supervisory skills and be computer literate: EHR-Precision Care.
- Ability to report and record results of activities and work as a team member;
- A valid Driver’s license;
- Availability to be “on-call” and work some weekends and evenings
Opengate provides a competitive starting salary with an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days; medical, prescription, dental and vision benefits; short term disability, life insurance; 401(k) benefits.
Job Type: Full-Time
Opengate is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a Smoke Free Environment