Purchasing Assistant (Part Time -20 hours)
We are actively looking for a Purchasing Assistant who will be responsible for performing general routine tasks on properties and grounds owned and managed by the Agency. This position reports to and provides office support services to the Director of Facilities. Some responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting IT, Cable TV, Phone and Time Clock matters with the respective vendor partner. Technical ability to set-up new and existing printers.
- Advise the Director of Facilities when inventoried items need to be re-ordered. Deliver supplies to programs and residences as requested.
- Use of e-requester (automated receiving software).
- Monthly purchases of laundry soap and bottled water for coolers.
- Maintains the agency Property Inventory Database.
- Accept deliveries of materials ordered and submits receipts and packing lists to the Director of Facilities.
- Replaces and obtains new vehicle handicap parking tags for all residential agency vehicles. Returns license plates from off-lease vehicles to the DMV as requested.
Ability to carry materials and supplies from company vehicles to different job sites.
Physically capable of lifting 15-50 pounds unassisted.
- Entry level IT experience
- Computer and office administrative skills
- Ability to handle some physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Must have a valid and unrestricted NYS driver’s license without any major violations within the past three years
- High School diploma or GED (Required)
- If offered the position, must successfully complete our pre-employment process which includes an initial motor vehicle records check, positive reference checks, employment verifications, state and federal criminal background checks and a physical including drug screen and TB test.
We offer a competitive starting pay, paid leave and a 401(k) pension plan. This position is classified as non-exempt in accordance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Fax your resume to the Human Resources Department at 914-273-7320, or e-mail it to email@example.com. Opengate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a smoke free environment.