At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic Opengate stretched our resources to cover the expense of personal protective equipment, medical and cleaning supplies. We put out the call for help, and it was swiftly answered.
To those from our community who stepped in to help us and provide vital items, we are extremely grateful and would like to recognize their generosity.
- Penny Howell of Croton Couture Curtains donated 100 hand made cloth masks
- Tammy from the Town of Somers donated hand sanitizer
- Lucy of Westchester County Department of Emergency Services in Valhalla donated gowns, gloves, goggles, masks, and face shields
- Ginny Vreeland, an Opengate parent and Board Member, organized a donation from PeaceWork at her church, Jesse Lee Memorial United Methodist Church in Ridgefield, CT who provided hand made masks, hepa filters, wipes, gloves and lots of encouragement
- Somers Mask Army –a group of Somers parents provided homemade masks
- Peter DeLucia from Westchester County Department of Health in Mt. Kisco who provided guidance and encouragement
- Dr. Karen Gennaro, Opengate Medical Director, donated 565 N95 face masks.
- Parents Mary Schaudel, Susan Deyo and Paulet White have been delivering complete meals for individuals and staff at various houses
Opengate would also like to thank donors who contributed with monetary support so we can offer incentives to the DSPs who work around the clock maintaining a sense of normalcy for our individuals and their families. Your gifts also make it possible to purchase games, crafts, sensory products and recreational items to engage individuals at home due to temporary suspension of day programs.
Not knowing when COVID-19 precautionary measures will ease, Opengate has a continuing need for donations to maintain the vital supplies necessary to safeguard our individuals and staff members.
Thank you in advance for your generous support.