The country, and the world at large, are in the midst of an unexpected crisis we have not experienced in generations. Healthcare workers and first responders are on the front lines in keeping us safe. Here at Opengate, this is exemplified by the dedicated work of our Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). DSPs are working in residential settings around the clock and playing a vital role in ensuring that the individuals are safe and well supported.
Opengate is committed to recognizing and rewarding our heroes, but we need YOUR help.
Many of the DSPs we employ are facing their own personal crises of isolation or quarantine, children home from school, or the need to care for family members, which worsens the staff shortage already experienced by agencies nationwide.
There is no option for them to work from home.
Our immediate needs:
- Incentive compensation for DSPs. Since this crisis began we have been forced to use overtime to staff the residences leading to increased payroll expenses. Our DSPs deserve extra compensation for their dedication.
- Personal protective equipment for individuals and staff. We purchased gloves, masks, thermometers, medical and cleaning supplies at inflated prices, unexpectedly increasing our operating budget.
- Games, crafts, sensory products and recreational items to engage individuals at home due to closing of day programs. Opengate staff continues to work with individuals with the least amount of disruption possible.
How can you help us?
- Opengate accepts donations of any amount to contribute towards funding DSP incentives as well as offset our unpredicted expenses. If you are able to donate, you may securely do so through PayPal, or you may donate by mail.
- Share our request among your social media circles, encourage friends and family to give if they can, as well as educate them about the impact their gifts will make for the individuals at Opengate.
- If you are aware of individuals, companies or corporations that would like to involve themselves in contributing, or matching donations, please contact Kristen Elkins, Chief Operations Officer at email@example.com
Please accept our sincere gratitude in advance for your devotion to helping us achieve our objectives, offset our expenses, and assist us in safeguarding our individuals and staff members until this crisis passes. Opengate joins you in anticipation of resuming our regular operations as soon as the situation improves. Until then, stay safe and healthy.
If you prefer to send a contribution by mail:
P.O. Box 419
357 Main Street
Armonk, NY 10504